Chargement ...
Désolé, une erreur est survenue lors du chargement du contenu.

12681Re: [pouchel] Demoichelle Questions

  • thrmaln
    20 avr. 16:44
      Hello Anthony,

      Thanks for looking into this.  It would be great to see more of these designs made in the USA.  For my camera mounts (www.cloudbaseengineering.com) I have them made from custom extrusion profles that I designed.  If it ends up being too cost prohibitive for me to import the spars for my build, perhaps I can ask my vendor to extrude some for me.  100mm x 50mm x 2mm is likely a die they may already have.  However 6082 would not be possible.  Perhaps 2024 or 7075 would be close.

      I had a look at the Values for 6061 vs 6082 and they are so similar.  Material composition is nearly identical with a bit more percentage points between the two.  Ultimate and yield tensile strength is greater on 6061.  Elongation at break is also better on 6061 so it stretches a bit more before the crack forms.  Only thing I can see as superior on 6082 is the Modulus of elasticity and even then its just a minor difference.  68.9/10000 ksi on 6061 vs 71/10000ksi on 6082.  Does this really equate to another 50kg of useful load on the wing spars?

      Perhaps 6061-T6 in a slightly larger imperial size of 4" x 2" x .093" would do the same.  I can have this made here as an extrusion.  Or possibly even find it in stock.  Maybe I could do a run of each in solidworks and see what FEA says.

      Marc
    • Afficher les 12 messages portant sur le même sujet.